The Maastricht University (UM) offers 24 full scholarships totaling €30.000 (including tuition fee waiver and monthly stipend) each academic year. This scholarship program is available through the NL-High Potential Scholarship program to exceptionally brilliant students from outside the European Union (EU) who have been admitted to a Master’s degree at UM.
Scholarship Duration for the Maastricht University Scholarship
This scholarship sponsors pre-academic training expenditures, health and liability insurance (€700), visa application fees (€210), living expenses ($12,350 for 13 months; $23,750 for 25 months), and tuition (at cost).
For a one-year master’s program, the High Potential scholarship is given for 13 months, and a two-year master’s program, it is given for 25 months.
Eligibility Status for the Maastricht University Scholarship
The following conditions must be met by all applicants of the Maastricht University scholarship:
- You fulfill the conditions for obtaining an entrance visa and residence permit for the Netherlands and have nationality from a nation outside the EU/EEA, Switzerland, or Surinam.
- You do not have dual citizenship with an EU/EEA nation.
- You have applied for admission to Maastricht University’s full-time Master’s program for the 2024–2025 academic year.
- You are eligible to enroll in the UM Master’s program for which you have applied.
- You have never taken part in a primary, secondary, or higher education program in the Netherlands that is intended to lead to a degree. Application is open to students who have participated in exchange programs in the Netherlands.
- On September 1, 2024, you will not be older than 35.
How to apply for the Maastricht University Scholarship
You must first enroll in one of Maastricht University’s participating Master’s Programs (MA) to be eligible to apply for the scholarship. You will obtain a student ID number after submitting your application through Studielink, which you will need to fill out and submit the scholarship application form.
Afterward, you must complete the application form, provide the necessary files, and submit your application online. The deadline for applications is February 1st, 2024.
To obtain the application form and for comprehensive instructions on how to apply for this scholarship, please visit the official website.
We also recommend:
- Leiden University Excellence Scholarship Program (LExS)
- How to apply for the Chevening scholarship
- Hostels in Belfast: Cost, Location, How to book.
- Free internship program at United Nations Foundations
With the information in this article, you can be sure that you have a chance to be a beneficiary of this scholarship. After your application, do well to stay informed with recent information via your mail and other recommended means. We wish you success in your endeavors. We would love to hear from you in the comment section below!