The Gates Cambridge Scholarship is one of the most prominent international scholarships in the world. Excellent candidates from non-UK countries are granted scholarships to study for a full-time postgraduate degree at the University of Cambridge in any discipline.
Level and Subject Area for Gates Cambridge Scholarship include:
- Doctorate (full- or part-time)
- Full-time MLitt (Literature, Law, Theology, History, or related Arts and Humanities subjects)
Full-time, one-year postgraduate program, with a few exceptions listed below Courses in which Gates Cambridge Scholarships are not available include:
- Any undergraduate degree, including a second BA or an undergraduate degree associated with a BA.
- Doctorate in Business (BusD)
- MBA (Master of Business)
- MFin (Master of Finance)
- Classes at Master of Advanced Study
- Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE)
- Clinical Studies of MBBChir
- Six years of part-time study for the MD degree in medicine
- Medical Graduate Course (A101)
- Degrees earned part-time
- Courses without a degree
The entire cost of attending Cambridge is covered by a Gates Cambridge Scholarship, which includes tuition, maintenance allowance (£20,000 for 12 months at the 2023–24 rate; pro rata for courses shorter than 12 months; the award is for up to 4 years for Ph.D. scholars), one economy single airfare at the beginning and end of the course, inbound visa fees, and Immigration Health Surcharge costs.
Additionally, this scholarship opportunity offers extra, discretionary support for things like fieldwork, family allowances, and funding for academic advancement.
Eligibility status for Gates Cambridge Scholarship
The following qualify you to apply for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship:
- A national of any country other than the United Kingdom.
- Applying to pursue one of the following residential full-time programs of study: full-time or part-time PhD programs, full-time MSc or MLitt programs, or full-time one-year postgraduate courses, with a few exclusions (see the above list). Gates Cambridge is keeping up a trial program that lets candidates seek financing for a part-time doctorate beginning in October 2024.
For more information on this scholarship, visit the official website.
We also recommend:
- How to apply for the Maastricht University scholarship
- Leiden University Excellence Scholarship Program (LExS)
- How to apply for the Chevening scholarship
- Hostels in Belfast: Cost, Location, How to book.
- Free internship program at United Nations Foundations
With the information in this article, you can be sure that you have a chance to be a beneficiary of this scholarship. After your application, do well to stay informed with recent information via your mail and other recommended means. We wish you success in your endeavors. We would love to hear from you in the comment section below!