This article shows how to apply for Sweden job seeker visa. With this Visa, you can move to Sweden even without having a job.
We will cover all the questions you may have like: What is Sweden Job Seeker Visa? The requirements to get a Swedish job seeker visa, the documents you need to apply for the visa, high-in-demand jobs in Sweden, also the validity of this visa and other important information like if you can bring your family with you to Sweden.
By the end of this article, you will have authentic information on how to obtain the Swedish job seeker visa so that you can successfully migrate to Sweden if you qualify.
What is Sweden Job Seeker Visa?
This is a new system announced by the government of Sweden for highly qualified people who have obtained an advanced degree to come to Sweden and look for work or start a business.
What are the requirements for a Sweden Job Seeker Residence Permit?
In order to apply for a Swedish job seeker residence permit, you must:
- You must have a valid international passport. It is advisable that your passport is not about to expire soon.
- Be located outside Sweden
- Possess an Advanced level study qualification (Masters Degree, Ph.D or Certification in a skilled profession that is highly in demand in Sweden. Note that you must submit an authorization letter giving the Swedish Council of higher education (UHR) the right to contact your previous institution to verify the authenticity of your documents.
- You must have plans to look for work or become self-employed when you get to Sweden.
- You must have proof of funds to cover your living cost in Sweden as well as enough money to take yourself back home.
- Have a comprehensive health insurance package that is valid in Sweden. (You can obtain this online through a simple Google search).
Documents you need to apply for a Swedish job seeker residence permit:
- Exam certificates (where applicable)
- University transcript
- Bank statement with proof of funds
- Comprehensive Health Insurance document
- Letter of consent that gives UHR the right to contact your institution in order to verify your academic documents
- You must also have the ability to pay for all fees that are required during the process
Note: Documents that are not in English or Swedish must be translated to any of the 2 languages by an authorized translator.
How long is the validity period of the Swedish job seeker visa?
This visa is issued for 3-9 months after which you must return to your country if you are unable to get a job in Sweden within this period.
How much do you need as proof of funds for the Sweden job seeker residence permit?
You need at least SEK 13,000 (approximately $1200). For 3 months, you need at least SEK 39,000 or approximately $3,600 for a 3-month visa and SEK 117,000 (approximately $10,800) for a 9-month visa.
Can you bring your family with a Swedish job seeker visa?
You cannot bring your family with you under a job seeker visa. However, once you get into Sweden and get a job permit, you will be able to bring in your family.
Other important points to note:
- You first need to get a work permit before applying for a visa to come to Sweden to look for a job or start a business.
- Sweden is a Scandinavian country and they rarely speak English. Once you’re in Sweden, you must go to a school called( Svenska för invandrare) which means the Swedish language for immigrants or foreigners. It takes a few months to complete this program. You need to have a fair grasp of the language in order to get a good job in Sweden.
See also: How to get an Austria job seeker visa
How to apply for the Swedish Job Seeker Visa:
Please read the instructions above to make sure that you meet the requirements. Once you meet the requirements and have all the documents required, click here to apply.
Check the Swedish Government website for more info about this scheme.
If you have any questions about the Swedish job seeker/work permit scheme, please leave them in the comments section.
Our next post will have the current list of the most in-demand jobs in Sweden.
P.S: You can also check here for the latest jobs abroad.