Are you a first-timer and you are looking for relaxing and easy countries to travel to abroad? Look no further as this article will serve you best at that. While looking for the perfect destination, relaxation, adventure, and convenience are most likely at the top of your list. In the same way, you don’t want to break the bank! Lavhi has compiled a list of 6 destinations that offer an enjoyable, low-budget getaway experience.
Whether you’re searching for serene beaches to visit or cultural cities to explore, these six destinations are sure to please you ranging in a variety of activities. Happy reading!
What are the Relaxing and Easy Countries to Travel to Abroad for First-Timers?
The 6 relaxing and easy countries to travel to abroad for first-timers are listed below:
- Costa Rica
6 Relaxing and Easy Countries to Travel to Abroad for First-Timers
Below are the 6 relaxing and easy countries to travel to abroad for first-timers:
1. Vietnam: Amazing Food, Beautiful Beaches, and Temples
Thinking about taking your first trip abroad? Vietnam is one of the excellent countries to choose for your first trip! With its captivating culture, extraordinary beach views, diverse food-friendly people, and low-budget Vietnam offers something for everyone!
Talk about safety, Vietnam is a place to be; making it the perfect destination for first-time travelers. Whether you’re looking to explore remote temples or busy urban cities, there’s a lot to discover and explore in Vietnam. Plus, the people are incredibly friendly, so you’ll always feel at home even while away from home.
There are also some places worth exploring in this country. Ranging from a tour of some of the temples scattered across the country like Hanoi’s One Pillar Pagoda to Ho Chi Minh City’s Jade Emperor Pagoda, these ancient sites offer insight into Vietnamese culture and history that you won’t find anywhere else. Additionally, there are miles of stunning coastlines that are perfect for soaking up some sun or going for a swim. Not to mention all the incredible street food dishes you can try out.
2. Thailand: Exotic Culture, Stunning Beaches, and Delicious Cuisine
Thailand is one of the most popular tourist destinations for first-timers abroad. It is ranked as one of the top 10 low-budget countries to visit. Thailand is perfect for travelers looking for a unique and exotic culture and yet still feel at home.
Here’s what to expect:
- Experience Their Culture: Visit ancient temples and explore charming towns with plenty of cultural activities to keep you entertained.
- Stunning Beaches: With over 3,000 kilometers of coastline, there is plenty of beach towns and unforgettable sights to explore.
- Delicious Cuisine: Thailand has world-famous cuisine that you won’t want to miss—from street food to Michelin-star restaurants; you can find dishes from all over the country.
No matter what your budget is, Thailand has something in store for every type of traveler—from adventure seekers to relaxation fans—you are sure to have a memorable experience without breaking the bank.
3. Costa Rica: Pristine Beaches, Lush Rainforests, and Adventure
Costa Rica is an ideal choice for first-time travelers—it is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Latin America. After all, who wouldn’t want to explore pristine beaches and lush rainforests?
The country is full of adventure—you can go scuba diving, snorkeling, kayaking, wakeboarding, bungee jumping, and the list just goes on and on! Plus, Costa Rica has a range of both low-budget and higher-end accommodations and activities to choose from.
Here’s what to expect:
- Price Range: Whether you are looking for a hotel room or something more luxurious like a private villa, there are options to fit any type of budget. Prices have remained relatively stable over the past few years: an average mid-range hotel room will cost around $70 per night, while a higher-end one can be up to $400 per night.
- Popular Destinations: In terms of popular attractions in Costa Rica, some of the most renowned destinations include Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve and Arenal Volcano National Park (where you can swim in warm springs), Manuel Antonio National Park (an incredible spot for wildlife viewing), La Fortuna Waterfall (which is often compared to Niagara Falls) and Tortuguero National Park (where you can sea turtles).
If you’re looking for a place to relax, unwind and explore with minimal stress and worry about your budget, then Costa Rica is for you!
4. Peru: Explore the Ancient Inca Ruins of Machu Picchu
Peru is one of the most affordable countries in South America for international travel. It is also a perfect destination to begin your first foreign experience. Exploring the ancient Inca ruins of Machu Picchu should be at the top of your list—not only is it a lovely place to visit, but it is also affordable!
Machu Picchu’s towering ruins are both beautiful and cheap for first-time travelers. You may spend a few days hiking along the Inca trails or take a train from Cusco for approximately $25. Helicopter trips cost roughly $150 for those searching for a more luxurious experience.
Peru has other attractive places like The Sacred Valley, Colca Canyon, Lake Titicaca, and Nazca Lines that you can explore without mounting pressure on your finances. Peru’s lodging ranges from incredibly cheap hostels to 5-star resorts. The food is also quite reasonably priced too – you can enjoy traditional dishes like ceviche and empanadas for around $2-$3 each!
Overall, Peru is an amazing destination with lots of cultural experiences and stunning scenery on a relatively low budget—making it one of the best places to travel to as a first-timer!
5. Bali, Indonesia: Spiritual Retreat in a Tropical Paradise
If you’re looking for a spiritual retreat in a tropical paradise, then Bali should be at the top of your list. This Indonesian island is considered one of the most beautiful places in the world, full of stunning beaches, crystal clear waters, and lush rainforests. Plus, it is super easy to get around and it is relatively budget-friendly.
Here’s what to expect:
- Unique Culture: One of the best things about Bali is its unique culture. Unlike any other place you will visit, Bali has a mix of traditional Hinduism beliefs and local customs that makes it such a special destination. People here are incredibly friendly and welcoming to visitors, so you will never feel like an outsider.
- Low Cost of Living: Bali is one of the most affordable countries in Southeast Asia, which makes it an ideal destination for first-time travelers who wants to explore without breaking the bank. You can find cheap accommodations across the island as well as low-cost yet delicious local cuisine.
In addition to its rich culture and low cost of living, there are lots of activities to enjoy in Bali. Some of these include: surfing at Uluwatu beach, hiking across amazing rice terraces in Ubud, taking part in traditional dances, or exploring ancient temples dotted around the island. So no matter what your interests are, you are sure to enjoy your stay in Bali.
6. Guatemala: Mayan Ruins, Colorful Culture, and Volcanoes
Guatemala is a fantastic location to visit due to its unique blend of culture and adventure. Guatemala’s Mayan ruins, considered is one of the most magnificent in Central America and this is one of the primary draws of the country. Beyond Guatemala’s Mayan ruins, there’s plenty of dynamic local culture to enjoy, including music, art, and dance, as well as lively marketplaces and lively cities like Antigua. In addition, the country contains several active volcanoes where you may walk for a fantastic view.
In addition to this, there’s plenty of amazing food you can try in Guatemala – from delicious tacos or pupusas served with salsa picante to tamales served with asado (spicy pork). The beautiful part is that all this comes at an affordable price – you can easily get by on less than $50/day if you stay in budget accommodations. So, as a first-time traveler, if you’re looking for a low-budget country that still offers plenty of beauty and adventure, Guatemala could be an excellent choice for you!
We also recommend:
- 7 must-know tips for International Travel
- The ultimate guide to easy countries to travel to abroad
- Which country is better: Canada or the UK?
- Top 5 loan companies in Nigeria
- Top 5 things to do while waiting for a job
- A comprehensive guide to Australia Permanent Residence
- How to finance your move abroad?
The idea of traveling overseas might be intimidating, especially for first-timers. Nevertheless, with the right preparation, you may locate a foreign location that will suit your needs while providing an enjoyable trip within your price range.
These 6 relaxing and easy countries to travel to abroad for first-timers provide a wide range of cheap countries from South America to Asia, making for an amazing travel experience. The options are infinite, ranging from strolling through energetic cities to relaxing on sandy beaches. So take the plunge and start planning your international journey right away! We wish you all the best in your endeavors.