About the Erasmus Mundus Joint Masters Scholarship
The Erasmus Mundus Joint Masters Scholarship is offered by the European Education and Culture Executive Agency. Multiple universities run this joint Masters’s program in various countries in Europe. The Erasmus Mundus Scholarship is only reserved for the best students.
Who can apply for Erasmus Mundus Scholarship?
Students from anywhere in the world can apply.
The application period for Erasmus Mundus Scholarship:
Most consortia require applications to be submitted between October and January for courses starting the following academic year. Students should contact the relevant consortium directly for information on courses, application procedures and scholarship availability as this varies school by school.
- Scholarships at the University of New South Wales, Australia
- Apply for Tasmania Graduate Research Fellowship Australia
- Apply for Australian Government Research Training program
Eligibility and application requirements
If you’re applying for a master’s level programme, you must have obtained a bachelor’s degree (first degree) or be in the last year of your bachelor’s degree and graduate before the master’s programme starts.
If you have not obtained a bachelor’s degree but can demonstrate that your acquired certification is equivalent to that of a bachelor’s level of learning — you may apply. However, ensure that your programme is accredited in the country where you studied it, according to national legislation and practices.
The Erasmus Mundus Scholarship 2023-24 application form may vary from programme to programme. For the Master’s programme in Human Rights Policy and Practice, its application form requires applicants to provide the following:
- Two letters of recommendation
- Letter of motivation
- Official academic transcripts (bachelor’s degree and high school or equivalent)
- Completed application form
- Scanned copy of your passport or ID
- Proof of residence
- English proficiency test results
To make sure you’ve got all the documents and are not missing out on any, it is always good practice to contact an advisor of the programme or university.
On top of that, you’ll need to show you’ve achieved a minimum band of 6.5 on the IELTS test. As an alternative, you may opt to submit an English proficiency language certificate or the Duolingo English Test proficiency test results too.
The Erasmus Mundus scholarship programme is lenient, in such a way that:
- You may still apply despite waiting for your final semester results.
- You are not required to submit a GRE test score.
- You are not required to contact a professor or anyone equivalent.
- You are not required to have any work experience.
- You can start applying once you turn 16 and there are no age restrictions beyond that.
- You may still apply despite accumulating a below-average CGPA (previously, there were scholarship recipients with a 2.5 to 3.0 CGPA).
- With the Erasmus Mundus scholarship, your financial matters are taken care of. Successful recipients of the scholarship will be entitled to the following:
- Waived tuition fees
- A stipend of 1,100 to 1,200 euros a month for 24 months
- Travel allowance
- International airfare tickets to travel from one country to another once the semester is over
- No bond restriction to return to your study destination
Participating programme countries
For a full list of countries that host the Erasmus Mundus programme, click here.
How to apply for the Erasmus Mundus Scholarship 2023-24
Head to the Erasmus Mundus website. Then, scroll down to the Erasmus Mundus catalogue. Each programme will display the name of programme and its locations.
Then, you are advised to contact the consortium directly (by clicking on the button titled “contact project person”) to further enquire about courses, application procedures and scholarship availability.
Erasmus Mundus Scholarship 2023-24 application deadline
The deadline for the Erasmus Mundus scholarship application may vary according to a programme that you apply to, but the last date for application submission is expected to be in March 2023.
For more information about the Erasmus Mundus scholarship programme, check out this catalogue.
See more Scholarships:
- DAAD Scholarship – Germany
- All you need to know about Chevening Scholarship
- Apply for Gates Cambridge Scholarship