Do you know that you can be eligible for a British Council Scholarship from a prestigious institution in the UK to pursue your master’s degree? Are you a woman with STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math) training who is passionate about your field of study? If yes, then this opportunity is just for you!
In partnership with about 26 UK institutions, the British Council has launched a scholarship program for women from the Americas, South Asia, South East Asia, Egypt, Turkey, and Ukraine. They are searching for female STEM professionals who can demonstrate their need for financial support and who wish to inspire future generations of female STEM professionals.
In this article, we will discuss all that you need to know to be a beneficiary of the British Council Scholarships for Women in STEM. Sit back and enjoy!
To be considered eligible, the following criteria must be met:
- Demonstrate a need for financial assistance and qualify for admission to a program of study in the UK for the academic year starting in September or October 2023–2024.
- Possess a first-level qualification that will enable you to register for a postgraduate course at a UK university of your choice.
- Be able to communicate in English at a level required for postgraduate study or research at a UK university.
- Be a professional in your field, have expertise in your area, and show passion for what you studied.
For more information, visit the British Council Scholarships for Women in STEM website
Women in STEM scholarships provide female researchers from qualified countries the opportunity to continue their STEM education with a fully supported master’s degree at a UK university.
Why should you apply?
- Academic standing: The UK’s universities are among the best in the world for STEM studies
- Financial aid will cover expenses like tuition, stipends, travel expenses, visa fees, and health insurance costs.
- Mothers and those with caregiving duties receive special assistance
- You will receive English language support.
Additionally, they combine to form a thriving and quickly expanding industry. According to data from the UN Scientific Education and Cultural Organization (UNESCO), just 30% of female college students pick STEM-related majors, and less than 30% of researchers worldwide are female.
Female enrolment is notably low (8%), with the lowest percentages seen in engineering, manufacturing, and construction (3%), natural science, mathematics, and statistics (5%), and information and communications technology (3%).
Hence, the British Council Scholarship opportunity aims to encourage and provide a support system for women in the STEM field.
We also recommend:
- Apply for the Boots Benevolent fund
- How to answer UK visa questions
- Tips for staying ahead of global opportunities
- Move to Canada in 2 Weeks Under the Global Skills Strategy Program
- Top 5 loan companies in Nigeria
- Top 5 countries that offer free work visas
- Top 4 platforms to find internship programs in the USA
- How to finance your move abroad?
This scholarship program seeks to provide possibilities for women and girls in STEM fields. These fields cannot be short-changed as they emphasize creativity, problem-solving, and critical thinking in these four areas of science, technology, engineering, and math. We would love to hear from you in the comment section below!