Scholarship name: Apply for QCC Scholarships Qatar
Scholarship Country: Qatar
Awarding Institution: Qatar University
About This Scholarship:
Qatar University offers this scholarship to academically distinguished students of Gulf Cooperation Council states (GCC) who hold the High School Certificate or its equivalent from their countries or any other country but not from Qatar and are seeking to join an undergraduate program at Qatar University. A number of scholarships are allocated to each GCC state and nominating candidates to these scholarships is left to GCC embassies. Such scholarships can be postponed to the second term in the same academic year but not to the next academic year.
Scholarship Objective: Attracting distinguished students from the GCC states to Qatar University.
Who can apply?
Students from GSS states for Bachelor’s degree
- Exemption from tuition fees.
- Student housing (two students per room) including transportation to/from campus.
Requirements for application:
- The applicant must have a high school certificate or its equivalent.
- The applicant must meet the admission requirements for the college that they applied to.
- Obtain a letter from the embassy addressed to Qatar University requesting consideration for this specific scholarship.
- Applicant cannot benefit from this scholarship and another sponsorship/scholarship simultaneously.
Conditions for Continuity of Scholarship:
- The student must maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 out of 4.0.
- The student must successfully complete a minimum of 12 hours per semester.
- The student should not exceed the period for graduation according to his/her study plan.
- The student must remain registered continuously (in Fall and Spring) until graduation.
- Recipients of the scholarship are expected to adhere to academic regulations, policies, and procedures of Qatar University.
- Must abide to the General Conditions to keep the scholarship.
A letter from the embassy in Qatar addressed to Qatar University requesting consideration for this specific scholarship to the nominated student.
How to Apply
The embassy is required to communicate with Qatar University and send a letter of nomination for this scholarship.
Application and evaluation procedures:
- Students apply for admission and scholarship online using the online admission application during the announced application period.
- Students enrolled in schools outside Qatar or private schools inside Qatar (non-governmental Qatari school system) must upload the first semester certificate of grade twelve and the final certification of the grade eleven. If the student completed grade twelve, he/she must submit only the final grade twelve certificate.
- Students should apply for scholarship nomination through the embassy of his/her country in Qatar. The nomination letters must be submitted directly to Qatar University.
- The embassies’ nominations will be evaluated after the deadline of the scholarship application.
- The applicants will be contacted (as needed) to provide documents required for obtaining the scholarship.
- The final admission and scholarship decisions will be sent to the students by email according to the announced scholarship timeline. The embassies will be notified.
- International Student Scholarship in Qatar University
- More Scholarships in US,UK,Canada & Australia